Hey Kevin,

> g.v(293).in.drop(5).take(5)
>
> and
>
> g.v(293).in[5..9]
>
> (Both return the same, correct result set)
> I will be doing some performance tests today on the two, but last week when
> I tried them both on fairly heavy queries, the second method seemed faster
> (I only say "seemed", because I'm hesitant to draw conclusions before I've
> properly measured the times)

I've never seen drop() and take() until I saw Peter do it in the Gremlin
documentation. I do not recommend using any of Groovy's collection methods
because they tend to NOT be lazy. The range filter [5..9] is native Gremlin and
lazy/stream-based without intermediate collection construction.

In general, do not use:
        collect{}
        each{}
        drop()/take()

Gremlin will have its own lazy version of such constructs and those should be
used.

Enjoy,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com