I don't know if a node with a hundred relationships can be considered a
super node though. Loading a hundred relationships is pretty fast and warm
nodes (all its relationships in cache) is already fast on these things. I'm
planning on maybe switch internal store representation on a given threshold
so that nodes with a relationship count less than, say 50 or 100, have the
normal representation/function but will switch to a more optimized format
for loading beyond that, although it's more expensive on disk size and the
amount of memory you'd want to spend on memory mapping. It could be
configurable though so that "the switch" happens earlier.