Just make sure that it is just a snapshot of the data and doesn't update its
caches.

Otherwise you will run into synchronization issues.

See also this thread and Tobias' explanations around it:
http://neo4j-community-discussions.438527.n3.nabble.com/Neo4j-Synchronization-of-EmbeddedReadOnlyGraphDatabase-Bug-td3174626.html#a3213450

Michael