Hmm good question, that means the namespace keeps everything around until it is
gc'ed ?

Probably better to just return the full map and let the client code deal with
it ? (If it isn't interested it would either just ignore the return result or
discard it quickly).

Intention behind longs, is when I get them from an external source then they
can be used to be look up nodes during import.

Also can hooks be used for index lookups? (Just asking)

Thanks a lot

Michael