I'm having some trouble understanding relationship indexes.

I plan to have nodes with many (hundreds, sometimes thousands) of
relationships to other nodes.

Give node N, I want to be able to quickly locate one of those relationships
given a key. I want to consider only the outgoing relationships of that
node, not all nodes.

Can this be accomplished? The problem I'm seeing is that when I try to look
up a relationship from a RelationshipIndex, I don't see how to limit that
lookup to just the outgoing relationships of one node.