I have a class with one String field to hold a query string and one for a
compiled query which is created in the constructor. So, each instance has
the query string (for documentation purposes) and the compiled query.

Does CypherParser return the same Query instance for parse()'s with
indentical input strings or is a new one created every time? Or, asked the
other way round: do I lose any of the advantages of precompiled queries when
I compile the same query string several times at different places in the
code?

Ah, btw, would be nice if one could ask a compiled Query instance for the
query source from which it has been compiled ...