Michael Hunger wrote

> I understood you were just templating the params in there (string
> replacement) which would result in different groovy strings for every set
> of different parameters. Is this correct?

The string replacement is done on the client side. When the script is
presented to the extension, it looks like a normal Gremlin script.

For example, the update_indexed_vertex YAML script has three params: nodeId,
properties, indexName. But all the string replacement is done by the client.

By the time the Gremlin extension gets it, the nodeId is an integer, which
is used to look up the node object:

node = g.getRawGraph().getNodeById(5)

The properties are a JSON string, which are immediately converted to a
Groovy map so they can be iterated upon:

Map<String, Object> properties = slurper.parseText('{"age":35,"name":"James
Thornton"}')

The indexName is a string, which is used to look up the actual index:

index = manager.forNodes('people')

Here is what the Gremlin extension actually sees:
https://gist.github.com/1452942

Do see an issue with that?

- James