Hi All,

Why does jobContext.sparkSession() doesn't return a SparkSession Object
instead it returns a parametrized type?

jobContext.sc(); //returns JavaSparkContext so this is good
jobContext.sqlContext();// returns SqlContext so this is good
jobContext.steamingContext(); // returns StreamingContext so this is good
jobContext.sparkSession(); // returns any parameterized type. why?

since it returns a parametrized type I can assign it to anything I like
that wouldn't make any sense.

Integer k = jobContext.sparkSession()

or

Long l = jobContext.sparkSession()

Below is the livy interface

package org.apache.livy;

import java.io.File;
import org.apache.spark.api.java.JavaSparkContext;
import org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext;
import org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext;
import org.apache.spark.streaming.api.java.JavaStreamingContext;

public interface JobContext {
    JavaSparkContext sc();

    SQLContext sqlctx();

    HiveContext hivectx();