I have a Livy application that I'm trying to tune as I'm seeing some
performance issue when the queries are fast queries.  I've wrapped my queries
with a timer that logs the time taken.  The spark code executed typically takes
50ms to 150ms.  I'm querying Livy every 500ms looking for my response, and
generally it doesn't succeed until the third check.   It seems Livy itself is
spending up to an extra 1000ms.  Where is Livy spending this time?  Are there
any tuning parameters I can adjust?

Also, I am having difficulty changing any of the settings in livy-client.conf.
I placed the file in /etc/hadoop/conf and livy/conf folder but my settings seem
to get ignored.

Thanks

Tim