From: srungarapu vamsi <srungarapu1...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, August 20, 2018 at 3:36 AM
To: "user@livy.incubator.apache.org" <user@livy.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Impersonation Error

[External Email]
________________________________
Hi,

We have a secure kerberized CDH cluster.
I am trying to test impersonation through livy rest sever.
I have created the proxy user which can impersonate other users in the while
running the spark jobs.
Here is my core-site.xml for the proxy user "my_proxy_user":

 <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.my_proxy_user.hosts</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser. my_proxy_user.groups</name>
    <value> my_proxy_user_grp</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser. my_proxy_user.users</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

With these configurations, whenever i am trying to create a session or batch, i
am getting the following error.

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnException: User my_proxy_user does not
have privilage to see this attempt appattempt_1533784624146_0323_-000001

         at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ClientRMService.getApplicationAttemptReport(ClientRMService.java:375)

         at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.service.ApplicationClientProtocolPBServiceImpl.getApplicationAttemptReport(ApplicationClientProtocolPBServiceImpl.java:355)

         at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.proto.ApplicationClientProtocol$ApplicationClientProtocolService$2.callBlockingMethod(ApplicationClientProtocol.java:425)

         at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:617)

         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2217)

         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2213)

         at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1917)

         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2211)

I am able to run the spark jobs by passsing the --proxyUser flag.
Also, i am successfully able to run yarn jobs with HADOOP_PROXY_USER.

But, on trying to create a session or batch, i am not getting in stderr of the
session/batch logs. But "Yarn Diagnostics" show the above error.

Can you please help me in solving this issue.
--
/Vamsi