I'm Santosh Dandey, I'm working at UBS as one of the lead-developer for a Big
Data Project. We are working on enabling Jupyter notebook as a data-science
tool for data-scientists. I have below setup that's working good in my local
environment without any authentication between spark-magic and Livy.

I have to implement security for SparkMagic and Apache Livy. On Spark Magic it
says I can enable HTTP Basic Authentication if it's enabled in Livy. How do I
enable HTTP Basic authentication in livy?

How can we enable basic-authentication on Livy?  Is there any specific
configuration that I have to set on livy.conf to enable basic authentication.

Did anyone had luck implementing basic authentication?  I appreciate if you can
provide any help here.

Thanks
Santosh

[cid:image003.png@01D45BF9.4FC434F0]
Please visit our website at
http://financialservicesinc.ubs.com/wealth/E-maildisclaimer.html
for important disclosures and information about our e-mail
policies. For your protection, please do not transmit orders
or instructions by e-mail or include account numbers, Social
Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other
personal information.