Hi all,

I am facing an issue with R code I submit to livy.
Livy returns/displays the following error message:

Error: '\�' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting "...
aste0(js,\"\\\"error\\\":\",error)\t\n\tif(length(errorMessage) > 0)

When I check the contents of the submitted code I do not see any wrong escape
characters.
The weird thing is that when I shuffle the code a little bit, it is running
fine.

I even added some debug log statements myself in livy for verification, but it
seems livy does get the complete code correctly.

I am not an expert in the internals of livy, but can it be that the code I
submit is send in blocks or something over this rpc channel which can cause
this issue?

Does anybody know why this can happen? and how it can be fixed?

I hope anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance
Thijs Haarhuis