On 01/12/2016 02:52, Serkan Mulayim wrote:
I am using the Lucy C library.

I would like to ask if it is possible to get the HitDocs as Json Strings.

I see that there is a dump method "LUCY_Doc_Dump" in Doc.c and HitDoc, can
this be used for this. Can you elaborate on what "dump"  does? There is
also S_to_json in json.c which expects a dump object to create a
JsonString. Can I use them. If so how?

Also what do serialize functions do in Doc classes.  Can I use them for
this purpose?

Dump/Load and Serialize/Deserialize are private methods that are only used internally. The C library doesn't even implement Dump/Load. Serialization is used for Lucy's on-disk format and unlikely to be useful for anything else.

Lucy has an internal JSON encoder/decoder in Lucy::Util::Json. This is also a private API and only supports a subset of JSON. But you should be able to convert a Doc or HitDoc into a JSON string with the C library using Doc_Get_Fields:

    #include <Lucy/Util/Json.h>

    // Get_Fields returns a (non-incremented) Hash for the C bindings.
    Obj *hash = (Obj*)HitDoc_Get_Fields(doc);
    String *json = Json_to_json(hash);

The usual caveats for private APIs apply. They aren't supported officially and can change without notice. You can find some documentation for private APIs in the .cfh files.

Nick