IMO

1) Option to define resulting column names. Please see pdltools
implementation - the ability to pass in a function is especially useful (
http://pivotalsoftware.github.io/PDLTools/group__grp__pivot01.html)
2) Option to dummy code only the top n most frequently occurring values in
any column
3) Option to create numeric column names (E.g. pivotcol_val1, pivotcol_val2
...) instead of values in column names + secondary mapping table
4) Option to exclude original column from results table

(1) & (2) are much higher priority than (3) & (4).

Agreed that these could also be applied to Pivoting (especially 1).

Jarrod Vawdrey
Sr. Data Scientist
Data Science & Engineering | Pivotal
(650) 315-8905