Thank you Rahul,

but I insist that this issue is more general than a lack of ability to
install via some manual play with cmake options .

On one the most popular server Linux platforms, Ubuntu (in that case it was
12.04 LTS), the latest Postgres version (9.6.1) installed from official
package is not detected by MADlib. I would be awesome if anyone could
install MADlib with "apt-get install .." only OR with "make && sudo make
install", w/o option puzzles...

Otherwize, this issue might significantly minimize possible audience of the
project.

I would love to help somehow, but I didn't work with cmake.