Yes, one time tested way to do this is the "apriori" algo which looks at
frequent item sets and creates rules.

I was looking for a shortcut using a recommender, which would be super easy to
try. The rule builder is a little harder to implement but we can also test
precision on that and compare the two.

The recommender method below should be reasonable AFAICT except for the
method(s) of retrieving recs, which seem likely to be slow.