Not sure, is this really related to Mahout?

I don't know of an equivalent of J2EE / Tomcat for C++, but there must
be something.

As a general principle, you will have to load your data into memory if
you want to perform the computations on the fly in real time. So how
you access the data isn't so important, just because you will be
reading it all at once.