Is it compatible with any Hadoop release? of course, would it make sense if not?
I'm not sure where you get this idea. 0.5 was, I think, compiled vs
0.20.x. The last release was vs 1.0.3 or so. The current release is vs
1.1.x. In all cases these are the latest stable Apache releases, so
not sure what you are referring to.