Use k-fold cross-validation or hold-out tests for estimating the quality of different parameter combinations.

--sebastian

On 03/30/2014 11:53 AM, Niklas Ekvall wrote:
Hi,

My name is Niklas Ekvall and I have a implementation of the recommender
algorithm "Large-scale Parallel Collaborative Filtering for the Netflix
Prize" and now I'm wondering how to choose the number of features and
lambda. Could any of guys help me to explain a stepwise strategy to choose
or optimize these two parameters?

Best regards, Niklas