Hersheeta,

For linking information, you should go for whatever you can find.  For
instance:

1) if the documents are HTML, href elements (aka web links) are an ideal
kind of linkage.  This is what Page rank was based on.

2) If the documents refer to people, places or things, then you have a
second order linkage.

3) if the documents have academic citations that you can resolve, then you
have something comparable to (1)

4) All of the documents by a single author are linked by common authorship

5) Documents viewed by the same person are linked, especially if the
documents are viewed consecutively or in a short time span.

I would expect that once you get started, you would be able to come up with
this many additional kinds of linkage or even more.

Some of these kinds of linkage might already be usable by your classifiers,
but they probably aren't highlighted as much as they might be.  For
instance, you might extract the author into a special field.  Likewise with
named entities.  For others, it is almost certain that you are not
including the information.  As an instance, outgoing references are visible
to your classifier to some degree, but incoming references are almost
certainly not visible.