The streaming k-means works by building a sketch of the data which is then
used to do real clustering.

It might be that this sketch would be acceptable to do k-medoids, but that
is definitely not guaranteed.

Similarly, it might be possible to build a medoid sketch instead of a mean
based sketch, but this is also unexplored ground.

The virtue of the first approach (using a m-means sketch as input to
k-medoids) would be that it would make the k-medoids scalable.