I’m working on something, @Dmitriy mentioned that we might be able to add to
the second edition of the Beyond Mapreduce book, also looking at a free
self-published PDF book. Not sure how much it helps to have paper or a
publisher behind promotion. Any thoughts are welcome

In the meantime it will come out incrementally in form of blog posts and docs
updates. Doc updates will be on the Mahout site, blog posts will be as guest
posts but will be mirrored here: blog.actionml.com

PM me if you have leads on possible guest post sites.

We are starting to get a lot of interesting real world results data, and some
we can make public. So we can talk 1/2 about the math and 1/2 about practical
applications.

BTW this has led to some possible gen 2 mods and additions to the Mahout code.