Hi Olivier,

We've tried versions of Postgresql beyond 9.3, and they seem to work, but
there's always a possibility that the query plans will turn out badly.  But
this is unlikely.

The automatic vacuum operation in Postgresql has gotten much better over
time.  You do not need to pause MCF to do it, but you should expect things
to take longer while it is running.  If you do a full vacuum, however, most
operations will be blocked until it is done.

For further optimization, please let us know how many documents you are
indexing.  How big is "very large"?

Thanks,
Karl