Hi,

(1) You can use the REST API to programmatically create or modify your job
as you see fit.
(2) Another user (maybe in your group) reported that bizarre characters are
not picked up by Java under Linux, although it works under Windows.  This
would be an Oracle JDK issue; you will need to log the ticket with them.

Karl