On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM, David Greenberg <dsg123456...@gmail.com>wrote:

> My follow-up question is this--is there a way to tell whether I'm outside
> of the timeout window? I'd like to have my framework check ZK and determine
> whether it's w/in the framework timeout or not, so that it can make the
> correct call.

Hey David,

Currently, the only signal you can get is by hitting "/state.json" endpoint
on the master. The framework should've been moved to 'completed_frameworks'
after the failover timeout. Of course, if a master fails over this
information is lost so you can't reliably depend on it.

When master starts storing persistent state about frameworks (likely couple
of releases away), a re-registration attempt in such a case would be denied
by the master. So that could be your signal. Alternatively, with
persistence, you could also more reliably depend on "/state.json" to get
this info.

To take a step back, what is the problem you are trying to solve?

Thanks,