​Thanks for confirming that, Adam.
​

> , but it would be a good Mesos FAQ topic.

I was thinking it might be good to also add to doc in code, either in
mesos.proto or MesosSchedulerDriver (mesos.proto already refers to the
latter for failover at FrameworkID definition).

If you were to try to persist the 'ephemeral' offers to another framework
> instance, and call launchTasks with one of the old offers, the master will
> respond with TASK_LOST ("Task launched with invalid offers"), since the
> master no longer knows about that offer

Strictly speaking, shouldn't this produce some kind of an 'invalid offer'
response instead of task being lost? A TASK_LOST response is handled
differently in my scheduler, for example, compared to what I'd do for an
invalid offer response. An invalid offer would just be a simple discard
offer and retry of launch with a more recent offer. Where as, a TASK_LOST
will make me (unnecessarily, in this case) try to ensure that the task is
actually lost, not running away on the slave that got disconnected from
Mesos master. Not all environments may need the distinction, but at least
some do.