Hi Dick,

> what croup isolation provides over stock posix / process isolation

Currently, mesos provides cpu and memory isolation through cgroups on Linux
boxes '--isolation=cgroups/cpu,cgroups/mem'

the configuration required to setup cgroups

If no other service on the host uses cgroup (no cgroup subsystems being
mounted), then it should be pretty simple because mesos will mount
corresponding subsystems for you. You can choose the root hierarchy using
the following slave flag:

    add(&Flags::cgroups_hierarchy,
        "cgroups_hierarchy",
        "The path to the cgroups hierarchy root\n",
        "/sys/fs/cgroup");

If some services on the host are using cgroup (e.g, systemd), then it
depends on how cgroups are mounted.

- Jie