Happy to. It surprised me that this wasn't supported, especially considering
the fetcher is supposed to be able to download URIs from any URL using http(s).
This is most useful (and in my opinion quite an important issue) for
downloading executors from S3 in situations a redirect is incurred, and more
specifically, github tar archives which almost always go through a 301.

Don't mind if going into the next non-bugfix release if you don't agree it's
that important.