Hi all - I just got back from MesosCon and am excited about doing a deeper
evaluation of Mesos in our environment. There are a few areas I'm very
interested in and could contribute some development effort towards. What
work is being done in these areas (if any?) Sorry if these have been talked
to death already:

1) Predictive, proactive app scaling that learns load patterns and adjusts
instance/resource minimums on a schedule. This could be in lieu of manually
specifying cpu / memory requirements (assuming controls to prevent runaway
scaling.)

2) Cassandra framework. We've done a lot of work scripting multi-region
Cassandra cluster installs, I can probably contribute something here.

3) Cloud-specific VM management that attempts to maintain a constant level
of excess capacity for scaling operations (i.e. always maintain 20% open
slave capacity for scaling up, and bin pack for scaling down when possible)

4) Dynamic HAProxy load balancing (updates nodes in real-time) w/ public
IP/DNS bindings.

Looking forward to getting more involved!

Jeremy