Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment to thank Alexandra Sava, who completed her OPW
internship this past week. We worked together in the second half of her
internship to create a design document for maintenance primitives in Mesos
(the original ticket is MESOS-1474
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1474>, but the design document
is the most up-to-date plan).

Maintenance in this context consists of anything that requires the tasks
running on the slave to be killed (e.g. kernel upgrades, machine
decommissioning, non-recoverable mesos upgrades / configuration changes,
etc).

The desire is to expose maintenance events to frameworks in a generic
manner, as to allow frameworks to respect their SLAs, perform better task
placement, and migrate tasks if necessary.

The design document is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NjK7MQeJzTRdfZTQ9q1Q5p4dY985bZ7cFqDpX4_fgjM/edit?usp=sharing

Please take a moment before the end of next week to go over this
design. *Higher
level feedback and questions can be discussed most effectively in this
thread.*

Let's thank Alexandra for her work!

Ben