Some of the --with options are broken, and others have only been recently
fixed. The best option with 0.21.1 is to use --disable-bundled at which
point your system search paths just need to be configured correctly to find
everything.

The story around the `--with-{glog,zlib,curl,sasl}` and the like should be
getting better with 0.22.0 because people are working on building mesos
modules outside of the mesos source tree, which requires the module and
mesos use the same version of dependent libraries in many cases.