On 02/04/2015 06:00 PM, Pradeep Kiruvale wrote:

In a data center, if there are thousands of heterogeneous nodes
(x86,arm,gpu,fpgas) then is the mesos can really allocate a co-located
resources for any incoming application to finish the task faster?

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep

Hello Pradeep,

We have similar interest, only I'm working on a small scale to prototype
(< 50 systems). I think we need a special work group to address
GPU, aarch64 (arm 64 bit) and FPGA codes that could  work with mesos.
I think custom frameworks, that are problem-domain specific is the current best approach for code development on specialized processors.

Drop me some private email or post to a new thread on specific hardware
you have in mind and what you think is the path forward. I have an extensive background in embedded linux on a myriad of processors. I do think a sVinit centric solution is the best path forward. Look at a previous thread: "cluster wide init". My mesos on gentoo seems to be working fine, using openrc, but I've not completed testing deeply of the
features and other codes on top of mesos listed here: [1].

Therefore, I'd like to see mesos robustly support both systemd and sVinit (openrc is my choice, as I use gentoo linux) because the vast majority of embedded linux systems use sVinit or even more primitive
mechanisms to achieve a minimal footprint of the executable binaries.

hth,
James

[1] https://github.com/dharmeshkakadia/awesome-mesos