Alright. You've convinced me I should put this online, but I'll have to
clean it up first. I would have originally but had one weird question.

In my company, we almost certainly will have multiple potentially large
Mesos clusters as different failure domains. The issue I've got is
relatively simple, the solution is not. The collectd daemon runs on every
single Mesos node (master or slave) in the firm. If it is running on a
master, it will get data from localhost:$master_port/metrics/snapshot. It
then checked if json_data["master/elected"] == 1 and ONLY reports the data
if it is the elected master. By default it uses a namespace like:

mesos.master.*

If you have multiple clusters this obviously won't work, so I added an
optional cluster name attribute to the collectd config. That way it will
report to:

mesos.archive.* where your mesos cluster name is "archive".

How would you propose a decent way to namespace master stats that are
cluster wide. I had to lie (in the collectd plugin code) and change the
host as a metric such as:

collectd.$HOSTNAME.master.* seems to make absolutely no sense when there is
a single elected master per cluster.

--
Text by Jeff, typos by iPhone