My $0.02...
The use of the word "Worker" is confusing. This entity has several
responsibilities, including, maintaining connectivity to master, managing
and monitoring the executors, sending status updates, and other future
endeavors such as autonomously determining actions for resource
oversubscriptions, etc. That is, the entity (so far called the slave) has
some intelligence and autonomous behavior associated with it.

The word "Worker", in my mind, gives it the attribute of performing a
single purpose action of executing something for the Master. Where as, the
word "agent" attributes a bit more intelligence to it, one of which is to
execute executors/tasks/containers. Worker has more similarities to
executor than to a Mesos slave.

So, here's my suggestion:

1. Mesos Agent (node)
2. Mesos Agent (daemon/process)