It would be great to have a documentation page devoted to compiling
these different solutions to service discovery; if anyone wants create a
new markdown file in docs/ and submit a pull request or review on Review
Board, add me as a reviewer!

Dave

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015, at 08:19 PM, haosdent wrote:
> Also have another service discovery tool. https://www.consul.io/
> https://github.com/CiscoCloud/mesos-consul
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:51 AM, zhou weitao
> <zhouwtl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> <andras.kere...@ishisystems.com>:
>>> Hi,____

>>> __ __

>>> Is there a preferred way to do service discovery in Mesos via mesos-
>>> dns running on CoreOS? I’m trying to implement a simple app which
>>> consists of two docker containers and one of them (A) depends on the
>>> other (B). What I’d like to do is to tell container A to use a fix
>>> dns name (containerB.marathon.mesos in case of mesos-dns) to find
>>> the other service. There are at least 3 different ways I think it
>>> can be done, but the 3 I found all have some shortcomings.____

>>> __ __

>>> __1.__Use SRV records to get the port along with the IP. Con: I’d
>>> prefer not to build the logic of handling SRV records into the app,
>>> it can be a legacy app that is difficult to modify____

>>> __2.__Use haproxy on slaves and connect via a well-known port on

>>> Thanks,____