This sounds like a really cool project.

I am still a very green user of mesos and never used gatling at all but a quick
search took me to http://gatling.io/docs/2.1.6/cookbook/scaling_out.html
<http://gatling.io/docs/2.1.6/cookbook/scaling_out.html>

With this it sound’t be took difficult to create a master/slave or
scheduler/executors approach where you would have the master launch several
slaves to do the work, wait for it to finish, collect logs and generate the
report.
For better synchronisation you could make the slaves register to zookeeper
while master waits for all slaves to be up and trigger a “start test” command
on all slaves simultaneously.
You then could easily time out if it takes too long to get all slaves up or use
other more fault tolerant strategies. i.e.: run slaves that you got; bump each
slave that is up with more load to try to make up for missing slaves;

It might be a naive approach but would be a starting point in my opinion.