Kk,

There are two options for running the hdfs framework on Mesos.
- If you already have the hadoop/hdfs binaries on all your nodes, you can
follow the instructions in
https://github.com/mesosphere/hdfs#if-you-have-hadoop-pre-installed-in-your-cluster
to tell the scheduler to use the preinstalled NN/DN binaries.
- Otherwise, you can run the hdfs framework scheduler `bin/hdfs-mesos` on
any node that can reach the Mesos master and slaves, and it can serve out
the binaries itself. Note that this node may not necessarily be the same
node on which either of the namenodes end up running. Some choose to run
the hdfs-mesos scheduler on a Mesos master node, but you can achieve
framework scheduler HA if you run it via another framework like Marathon
that can restart the scheduler (elsewhere) if it or its node dies. See
example (templatized) Marathon json in
https://github.com/mesosphere/universe/tree/version-1.x/repo/packages/H/hdfs/0

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Kk Bk <kkbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks guys for the response.
>
> 1) I use trusty. Seems like CDH4 does not have support for Trusty.
>
> 2) Followed instructions as per link https://github.com/mesosphere/hdfs.
> Able to build "hdfs-mesos-*.tgz"
>
> Should i copy this file to all nodes (i have multi-node mesos cluster) or
> just the master node of mesos where i plan to keep the namenode for hadoop
>

> On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Tom Arnfeld <t...@duedil.com> wrote:
>
>>  It might be worth taking a look at the install documentation on the
>> Hadoop on Mesos product here; https://github.com/mesos/hadoop
>>
>> For our installations I don't think we really do much more than
>> installing the apt packages you mentioned and then installing the
>> hadoop-mesos jars.. plus adding the appropriate configuration.
>>
>> On Friday, Jul 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm, Kk Bk <kkbr...@gmail.com>, wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to install Hadoop on Mesos on ubuntu servers, So followed
>>> instruction as per link
>>> https://open.mesosphere.com/tutorials/run-hadoop-on-mesos/#step-2.
>>>
>>> Step-2 of link says to install HDFS using as per link
>>> http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cdh4/latest/CDH4-Installation-Guide/cdh4ig_topic_4_4.html
>>> .
>>>
>>> Question: Is it sufficient to run following commands
>>>
>>> 1) On Namenode: sudo apt-get install hadoop-hdfs-namenode
>>> 2) On Datanode: sudo apt-get install hadoop-0.20-mapreduce-tasktracker