Ambari provides several features, such as monitor/alert and cluster management: - regarding monitor/alert, Mesos has provided metrics API; we can follow Ambari's Sink protocol to show them in Ambari - regarding cluster management, suggest to ask Ambari acquire resources from Mesos and start related daemon by Mesos; not only YARN, but also Kafka, Storm and others

Regards
Klaus Ma (马达), PMP® | Advisory Software Engineer
Platform Symphony & MapReduce Development & Support, STG, IBM GCG
+86-10-8245 4084 | mad...@cn.ibm.com | http://www.cguru.net