Hi Pradeep,

Please check some of my questions in line.

Thanks,

Guangya

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:55 AM, Pradeep Kiruvale <pradeepkiruv...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Mesos. I have set up a Mesos cluster with 1 Master and 3
> Slaves.
>
> One slave runs on the Master Node itself and Other slaves run on different
> nodes. Here node means the physical boxes.
>
> I tried running the tasks by configuring one Node cluster. Tested the task
> scheduling using mesos-execute, works fine.
>
> When I configure three Node cluster (1master and 3 slaves) and try to see
> the resources on the master (in GUI) only the Master node resources are
> visible.
>  The other nodes resources are not visible. Some times visible but in a
> de-actived state.

Can you please append some logs from mesos-slave and mesos-master? There
should be some logs in either master or slave telling you what is wrong.

> *Please let me know what could be the reason. All the nodes are in the
> same network. *
>
> When I try to schedule a task using
>
> /src/mesos-execute --master=192.168.0.102:5050 --name="cluster-test"
> --command="/usr/bin/hackbench -s 4096 -l 10845760 -g 2 -f 2 -P"
> --resources="cpus(*):3;mem(*):2560"
>
> The tasks always get scheduled on the same node. The resources from the
> other nodes are not getting used to schedule the tasks.

Based on your previous question, there is only one node in your cluster,
that's why other nodes are not available. We need first identify what is
wrong with other three nodes first.

> I*s it required to register the frameworks from every slave node on the
> Master?*

It is not required.