Alex,

Implementing your own containerizer totally makes sense. The containerizer
interface can be modulized and your own containerizer can be implemented as
a module. Please take a look at the module documentation
<https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/docs/modules.md>. From what I
can tell, implementing your own containerizer as a module will definitely
be simpler than an external solution.

 I assume we would have to implement it in cpp,

Most likely because that's the most straightforward way. Other languages
are also possible (e.g., using JNI for Java).

it might require recompiling (parts of) Mesos, some other things?

No. With modules, you don't have to.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

- Jie