Hi Jagadish,

Even though Mesos have the interface of "requestResources", it was not
implemented in the built-in allocator at the moment, so the call of
"driver.requestResources
(resources);" will not work.

Is it possible that you update your framework logic as this:
1) framework get resoruce offer from mesos master
2) framework filter the resource offers based on its preferences

The problem for such solution is that the framework sometimes may not get
its preferred resources if the preferred resource was offered to other
frameworks.

Can you please file a JIRA ticket to request implement the API of
"requestResources"?
It would be great if you can append some background for your request so
that the community can evaluate how to move this forward.

Thanks,

Guangya

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 6:45 AM, Jagadish Venkatraman <jagadish1...@gmail.com