Erik, that would still be a problem if an organization is building Mesos
between release versions.

Jeff/Vinod, it seems like the 0.26.0 part comes from this line:

AC_INIT([mesos], [0.29.0])

and it's possible to patch that line to allow a custom version (read from a
file or variable using m4_esyscmd_s).

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li