FWIW, I quite agree with Zameer's point.

That said, I want to make abundantly clear that in my experience the folks
at Mesosphere are wonderfully helpful.

But what happens if down the road Mesosphere is acquired or there occurs
some other event that could represent, if not a conflict of interest, then
simply a different strategic direction?

My 2 cents.

-Paul