Sadly, I don't understand a whole lot about Mesos, but I did learn Ancient
Greek in college, taught it for a couple of years, and have even translated
parts of Homer's Iliad.

 μέσος

The 'e' (epsilon) in 'Mesos' would be pronounced like the 'e' in the English
word 'pet'. The 'o' (omicron) as in 'hot'.

But, at least to English ears, that pronunciation feels a bit stilted. So I
think Rodrick's right to sound the 'o' as long, as in 'tone'.

-Paul