HI Alex,

Thanks for taking a look.  We have simplified the design since the
conference.  The Allocation and Anonymous modules where only helping us to
control the offers sent to the frameworks.  Now we think that Roles and
Quota in Moses elegantly solve this problem and we could take advantage of
it.

The current design does not propose Mesos Modules, the POC we demonstrated
@ the mesoscon is slightly out of date in that respect.

The current design only enforces that any Policy Engine implementation
should honour certain REST apis.   This also removes Consul out of the
picture, but at Huawei our implementation would pretty much consider Consul
or something similar.

1) Failure semantics
I do agree it is not straight forward to declare that a DC is lost just
because framework lost the connection intermittently.  Probing the
'Gossiper' we would know that the DC is still active but not just reachable
to us,  In that case its worth the wait.  If the DC in question is not
reachable from everyother DC, only then we could come to such conclusion.

2)  Can you share more details about the allocator modules.
As mentioned earlier these modules are no longer relevant we have much
simpler way to achieve this.

3) High Availability
I think you are talking about the below section?
"Sequence Diagram for High Availability

(Incase of local datacenter failure)
Very Similar to cloud bursting use-case scenario.  "
The sequence diagram only represents flow of events in case if the current
datacenter fails and the framework needs to connect to a new one.  It is
not talking about the approach you mentioned.  I will update doc couple
more diagrams soon to make it more understandable.  We would certainly like
to have a federated K/V storage layer across the DCs which is why Consul
was considered in the first place.

4) Metrics / Monitoring - probably down the line
The experimental version of gossiper already queries the maser at a
frequent interval and exchange it amongst them.

Ultimately DC federation is a hard problem to solve.  We have plenty of use
cases which is why we wanted to reach out to the community, share our
experience and build something that is useful for all of us.

Regards,
Dhilip