Your tip helped :-) I'm seeing lines like this in the log:
mesos-master[3781]: I0926 23:36:11.292654 3805 hierarchical.cpp:927] Framework 12da1693-ec1b-4eb6-bec9-6e6ef1b9fe11-0007 filtered slave 12da1693-ec1b-4eb6-bec9-6e6ef1b9fe11-S0 for 5secs

This is caused by Mesos doing a 5sec filter if you do not set a filter on an offer decline. Didn't quite expect that ;-)