Hi,

So typically people run two sorts of workloads on hadoop -
ad-hoc/scheduled batch work, and stream workloads (spark, flink, etc.).

Both spark and flink integrate natively with mesos, so no need for an
intermediate yarn layer.  For batch work, we're looking at the aurora
project for job scheduling.

hadoop brings some interesting things, but I've not found integration
with mesos to ever be pain-free, so we're moving to other tools instead
of continuing down the path of trying to get hadoop working with mesos.

Good luck!