Hi all

I'd like to propose to add ARM64 support in Mesos. Currently, the only
Agent can run on ARM but it's not officially supported. This means build
failures on ARM are not considered as a bug.

I know there were a couple of tries to run Mesos on ARM (mostly on
Raspberry PI) but this process is not straightforward and requires some
tuning.

I'd like, in cooperation with WorksOnArm, to add ARM-based build to our
required test suit. Before, we need to make code to build on ARM and pass
all tests.

Unfortunately, I do not know what exactly needs to be fixed because I
haven't started yet. I hope we can do it step by step. Once we got ARM
server we can use it to find problems when running on this architecture.

What do you think about this? Is anybody interested in running Mesos on ARM?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hs40tGSUyoQa78ifVvn7VO5iSqe8nMc7VYWSugOqGFw/edit?usp=sharing
https://github.com/WorksOnArm/cluster/issues/9

Thanks!

–