Hi Marc,
 In that demo since we new that those were the only containers that were
getting launched, and the containers are getting launched on a bridge
network using a `host-local` IPAM the ip-addresses were predictable.

However, in a real setup you would probably need to rely on something like
`mesos-dns` to peg your backend to a DNS name rather than an IP address.
The DNS name will be predictable and DNS resolution would end up resolving
to the right backend.

If you are looking at Marathon + Mesos, the same can be achieved by
`marathon-lb` (https://github.com/mesosphere/marathon-lb). The limitation
here being that `marathon-lb` will peg against Marathon tasks rather than
Mesos tasks. So if you want use your own Mesos frameworks to launch tasks
that need to be load-balanced you won't be able to use `marathon-lb`.

--
Avinash Sridharan, Mesosphere
+1 (323) 702 5245