Dear Apache Mesos Community,

Development in Mesos has been active lately, with work taking place to
enable things like hybrid cloud and network storage support, as well as
improvements to the scheduler API designed to make the lives of framework
developers easier.

Apache Mesos version 1.5 is just around the corner; we hope to cut the
first release candidate (RC) within the next week, so keep your eyes peeled
on the mailing lists! As always, your help testing this release during the
RC phase is greatly appreciated.

We've also scheduled our 2nd quarterly Doc-A-thon on January 11th, hosted
at Mesosphere HQ in San Francisco! You'll be able to join remotely using
Zoom, or in person. To see an event description and RSVP please visit
the Meetup
page <https://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Mesos-User-Group/events/245293694/>.

Last week I sat down with long-time Mesos committer Jie Yu to discuss the
storage effort that he’s been leading. Find the interview on the Mesos Blog
<http://mesos.apache.org/blog/>. And if you haven’t yet checked out Ben
Mahler’s recent performance working group progress report, you can find it
there as well!

Going forward, we’ll endeavor to bring you monthly updates like this on the
latest progress in the project. Next Month, we’ll celebrate the new release
and go into detail on the exciting new features that made it in.

If you have anything you'd like to share in the newsletter (blog posts,
calls for contribution, announcements) please email me or join the
community working group, which meets every other week on Monday at 10:30 am
Pacific time using Zoom <https://zoom.us/j/274510516>. The next meeting
will be on December 18th.

Best,

Greg